Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Fort St.John, Canada
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Located in region: North America
Corrpro Canada is looking for a seasonal Construction Labourer to join our team in Fort St. John, BC from October- December 2016. The Construction Labourer is responsible for supporting projects related to Cathodic Protection services.
Corrpro Canada, a subsidiary of Aegion Corporation, is Canada's largest corrosion engineering, cathodic protection, and corrosion monitoring business for the protection and preservation of infrastructure. Corrpro provides professional corrosion consulting and cathodic protection engineering services to major oil companies, government agencies, municipal water, sewer and gas utilities, universities, and public transportation agencies. Corrpro has complete construction installation services, including crews and equipment to install any type of cathodic protection system for any type of structure. For more details, visit www.corrpro.ca.
- Perform duties such as testing, evaluation and installation of cathodic protection systems to inhibit corrosion on various structures
- Work with specific objectives and instruction from senior staff on customer drawings and specifications
- Conduct various specific test procedures to gather data for evaluation purposes
- Gather structure-to-soil potential data, soil measurements and rectifier data
- Notify construction foreman of unanticipated field changes and suggest possible alternatives
- Participate in toolbox safety meetings and document equipment safety inspection audits
- Document deficiencies in safety practices/equipment to the construction foreman
- Operate and maintain company vehicles and equipment safely at all times
- Additional duties as assigned
- Six (6) months of outdoor construction experience
- Able to travel including significant overnight travel and over time on a regular basis
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs on a regular basis
- Must have a Class 5 Driver's License with reasonable Driver's Abstract
- Must successfully complete pre-employment drug and medical testing
- NACE CP1 Certification a definite asset
- Able to effectively communicate with both customers and fellow employees
- Able to adjust to work-related demands without becoming frustrated
- Demonstrate conscientiousness and dependability to produce results
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value diversity in our workforce.