Corpus Christi, TX, US
Corpus Christi, TX, US
Skills: CAD / CAM, Design Engineer, Electrical Engineering
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Corpus Christi, TX, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
~~The Electrical & Instrumentation Designer will be responsbile for Electrical and Instrument design efforts for projects related to pump stations, meter stations, compressor stations and pipeline projects. This will include organization and planning of the overall design effort.. Support Electrical and Instrumentation Engineer with development of design and drawings. Efficiently and accurately develop wiring and installation drawings for electrical equipment and instrumentation. This job requires interaction within the EPC Services group of Strike, and from other disciplines, in a team environment to create multi-discipline design packages for construction forces. This position is located in Corpus Christi, TX.
Strike is a leading North American provider of pipeline, facilities, fabrication, maintenance and integrity services to world renowned companies, delivering America's energy safely. Strike's integrated network of energy services ranges from upstream production, processing and gathering facilities to high pressure transmission and distribution lines.
Acquired in 2008 to serve as Strike's premium fabrication group, Pickett Systems specializes in the packaging of skid-mounted measurement equipment.
Primary Job Functions:
• Assist engineers with initial design and drawing requirements
• Establish drawing set-up procedures applicable to the job for drafting personnel
• Conceptualize plans, details and sections to accurately convey construction or fabrication requirements
• Check and back-check drawings produced by drafting personnel
• Coordinate and analyze vendor supplied drawings and incorporate the required information into project drawings
• Apply the NEC and perform calculations related to sizing electrical circuits and equipment
• Manage the design efforts and direct junior designers and CAD drafters maximizing productivity
• Conceptualize and draw wiring diagrams, E&I layouts, and design details independently with minor instruction from project engineering
• Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor as needed.
• 5 - 8 years of experience (or Associates Degree & 4 years of experience) in facilities creating I & E drafting/design drawings preferably in Meter Stations, Pump Stations, Launcher/Receivers, Main Line Valves, Compression Stations and As-builts
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook).
• Knowledge of hazardous area electrical systems
• Proficient in current release of AutoCAD and Microstation, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Excel
• Thorough understanding and efficiency with standard design and drafting practices
• Expertise in E&I design practices for heavy industry, including chemical, power, or mining industries
• Experience working with large motors, VFDs, MCCs, raceway systems, industrial lighting, and grounding
• Experience with instrumentation, hazardous location wiring practices, panel design, and PLC hardware
• 7+ years of design experience
• 7+ years of AutoCAD and/or Microstation experience
• 7+ years experience within the Engineering and Construction industry
• Associate degree in Electrical Engineering or Control Systems Technology, or equivalent
• Read, write and communicate using English language sufficient to perform job functions (other preferences will be given for special language skills where there is a business need)
• Ability to work flexible hours, occasionally in excess of a normal schedule
• Must be willing to travel to project sites to collect field data
• May be required to be out of town for multiple days at a time.
• Complies with Strike's policies and procedures
• Complies with Strike's Drug & Alcohol Policy maintaining favorable drug testing results throughout employment
• Performs job safely with respect to others, property and individual safety
• Authorized to work in the United States
Strike is an Equal Opportunity Employer