Skills: Instrument & Controls Engineer
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Naperville, IL, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler is looking for a candidate for a Senior level I&C Engineer. The position is offered in our Naperville, IL office serving the US Nuclear Industry. Candidate will support project teams in the design and analysis of instrumentation &control systems and plant upgrades. Candidate shall have background experience in Cyber Security requirements per NEI 08-09 and also digital upgrades.
This is a senior level position that offers a variety of interesting and challenging opportunities. You will interface with other engineers on a project team and with the client to ensure that all client requirements are satisfied. You will work on major engineering projects for upgrades and modifications to nuclear power plant control systems in the areas of:
- Digital upgrade modifications: PLCs and control systems
- Digital upgrade functional specifications
- Instrumentation replacement evaluation reports
- Instrumentation replacement modifications
- Process instrumentation selection and specification
- Setpoint and loop accuracy calculations
Project work will involve development and verification of drawings, calculations, engineering change packages, procedures, engineering consultation to clientele, etc. This engineer will become modification qualified allowing development of discipline specific plant ECs and involve daily communication / interaction with project teams and with client personnel
Development and review (with limited supervision) of I&C system design work products, such as:
- 1-line diagrams
- Logic diagrams
- Equipment requirement specifications
- System requirements specifications
- System design documents
- Engineering studies
- Engineering reports
- Cyber Security Assessments
Conduct independent analyses (with limited supervision) to support development of I&C design documents.
Effectively communicate with other technical and non-technical disciplines, customers, and regulators.
Ensures effective management of assigned tasks. Assumes responsibility for cost, schedule, quantity and budget control of assigned tasks.
Preparing and verifying designs on site including creation of as-built drawings and field walkdowns.
Skills / Qualifications
- Degreed engineer with 12+ years of relevant I&C experience
- Min 5 years commercial nuclear experience
- Knowledge of Cyber Security requirements and threat mitigation strategies of NEI 08-09 with respect to site networks and IT systems
- Experience leading engineering tasks and small project groups
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.