Skills: Civil Engineering
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler Environment & Infrastructure has an opportunity available for a Senior Project Manager in our Burnaby office due to the rapid growth of our regional Community Infrastructure group in Western Canada and the increase in the number of new projects.
The candidate should possess a balanced portfolio of skills to manage a multi-disciplined operation including business development and business management interests and experience and demonstrated relationship-building abilities.
- Provide leadership in technical, business development, financial and administrative aspects of the consulting business to sustain and expand a successful multi-discipline operation
- Assist in business development for group
- Communicate effectively with clients, staff and Amec Foster Wheeler leadership
- Manage a variety of professional engineering assignments in one or more specialized areas of Municipal Engineering involving lift / pump stations, storm and sanitary sewer, water distribution systems and various civil / municipal projects
- Experience in design of large size Sewers and water transmission lines in urban areas is an asset
- Experience with Metro Vancouver and lower mainland cities such as Surrey and Burnaby is an asset
- Provide senior review and direction on technical projects
- Serve as senior project manager and / or project expert on major projects
- Coordination with other units in related operations
- Develop existing staff and identify and recruit new prospects for future growth
- Assure delivery of quality products
Skills / Qualifications
- BSc / MSc in Civil or Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 8 years of professional experience
- Exceptional leadership and communication skills
- Experience in managing municipal projects with strong background in project controls
- Ability to manage scope, budgets and to meet tight deadlines as well as properly coordinate the efforts of multi-disciplinary project team
- Experience in designing and constructing pump and lift stations
- Strong contacts and previous working relationship with various cities and municipalities around Vancouver
- Proven track record in business development and strong client management skills
- High-level strategic planning, organization and execution skills
- Experience managing and motivating diverse workforce of project managers and technical staff
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.