Skills: Civil Engineering
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Burnaby, BC, Canada
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler Environment & Infrastructure is seeking a Senior Roads Engineer / Project Manager with a minimum of 10 years urban transportation engineering experience. The selected candidate will assume a leadership position within our transportation group in a team-oriented environment. This individual must have an established track record of successful project work with various municipal agencies within Vancouver.
The successful candidate must have verifiable experience managing or coordinating transportation projects with various municipalities. Roadway design experience must include hands-on technical design capabilities in rural and urban roadways. Experience should include project management, contract administration, tender preparation, roundabout design and bid evaluation. Candidates must be self-motivated and able to work on and provide technical oversight on multiple projects with the desire and ability to deliver high quality reports, plans, specifications and estimates.
- Lead multi-discipline technical teams including roadway, drainage, traffic, landscaping, environmental, geotechnical, utility and right-of-way
- Manage the full scope of projects, acting as client interface from initial client meeting to proposal, construction and final report
- Maintain and establish client relationships in order to pursue new projects
- Manage project scope, schedule and budget
- Prepare project scope of work and fee estimates
- Work with and mentor junior and mid-level staff
- Interface with clients, project teams and other managers
- Work effectively with team members as well as independently
- Deliver high quality reports, plans, specifications and estimates
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering
- Registration as Professional Engineer (Civil)
- Minimum 10 years of relevant project management experience with increasing levels of project complexity
- Proficiency in AutoCAD / Civil 3D software for roadway modeling, roundabout design is an asset
- Demonstrated client management skills and the desire to develop new business
- Familiar with MMCD and BC Supplement to TAC
- Proficiency in MS Office application software such as Word, Excel, Project and PowerPoint
- Proficient in the technical development of cost proposals
- Ability to assist or lead in the preparation of proposals
- Ability to apply engineering principles to define and solve problems
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (English)
- Ability to work efficiently and demonstrate effective organizational skills
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.