Skills: HR - Trainer / Instructor
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, TX, US
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Schlumberger has an opening in Houston, Texas for an Instructional Design Supervisor. The Instructional Design Supervisor protects our training investment by working within the Instructional and Media Design Team to apply the latest research in learning and instruction to the development of technical and non-technical training materials.
The candidate may work on any of the following:
- Leads company-wide learning related initiatives and projects within the team.
- Effectively work with Knowledge Delivery Managers, Instructors and Training Managers to identify course objectives, design course outlines and develop valuable technical and non-technical content that meets business and training needs.
- Evaluate both existing and new training materials for instructional best practices and organizational effectiveness.
- Improve the retention of student learning by creating advanced active training moments and exercises.
- Contribute to the consistency of SLB’s training offerings by creating and editing tangible materials (ex: PowerPoints, student manuals, job aids, WBT, etc.) that cover the required technical information while also capturing best instructional techniques.
- Reduce downtime of new instructors by documenting facilitator guides that provide a roadmap of the course training material.
- Serve as a lead on training development projects and direct the workflow of external vendors and consultants as necessary.
- Stay up to date on new research and advances in the learning and instructional design field.
- Verify the course package developed achieves the desired SLB quality requirements.
Bachelors in Education, Instructional Design or Learning Design & Technology (Master’s is preferred)
- 7 - 10 years of professional experience in an instructional design/ learning environment
- 5 years of professional experience in a Supervisory role and the ability to lead others while working effectively in a team structure is essential
- Understanding of Oilfield processes, terminology and business practice is required.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Pro-active, self-motivated and eager to acquire knowledge
- Team player
- Ability to work under pressure
- Problem solving skills
- Service Oriented
- Analytic skills
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship
- Ability to work in global distributed setting
- Self-driven, Proactive, Systems Thinking
- International exposure
- Oil & Gas industry exposure
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the leading provider of oilfield services, focusing on innovative technologies for reservoir characterization, drilling, and production. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.