Skills: Design Engineer, Electrical Engineering
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Due to a major project win we are working exclusively with our client who are experts in engineering design, build and qualification of specialist oilfield equipment to source a Senior Electronics Design Engineer based in Aberdeen.
The key purpose of the role is to carry out the conceptual design, detail design, testing and production of power and communications distribution and drive and control machinery for a subsea hydraulic power unit.
- Design of electrical circuits, selection of components and systems
- Generate design reports; information needed for the Independent Verification Bodies (IVB's)
- Generate concept models and drawings (layouts, assemblies, detail, client etc)
- Specify software languages and protocols, data transfer rates to be used in subsea systems
- Generate procedures (assembly, test etc)
- Mathematical analysis of problems
- Co-ordinating subcontractors
- Perform test build of new equipment
- Perform prototype testing; debugging new systems
- Advising on ordering of equipment for new tools and development work
- Participate in design reviews
- Support internal and external customers on technical queries
- Maintain design files & related documentation
- Maintain high standard of personal safety in the workplace, advise safety & senior staff of hazards, potential hazards & incidents, reporting as required
- Degree qualified in Electrical/Electronics engineering
- Extensive experience in control system engineering
- Detailed knowledge of subsea electrical and electronic systems and components
- Knowledge of relevant international electrical standards
- Knowledge of drafting standards for electrical diagrams
If you are interested and meet the above criteria please send your CV for review.