Skills: Drilling Superintendent
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk, Russian Federation
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
~~Position Specific Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• A High School diploma is required.
• Should have 10+ years of specific work experience and some experience in supervising others.
• Must be a detail oriented, self-starter and able to work with little supervision while maintaining goals/tasks.
• Should have good PC skills to include all MS Office products.
• Must have good written and verbal communication skills and be able to effectively communicate with staff, management, customers and vendors. Being multi-lingual is preferred.
• Must possess sound reasoning skills and have the ability to follow directions.
The physical demands must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk and use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to walk, stoop, kneel, carry, push/pull and use repetitive wrist and hand movements. The employee may be required to lift and/or move objects of up to 50 pounds. Hearing, seeing ability of rapid mental coordination. It is required to be mentally alert for entire regular shift.
This position may work in various locations - both in the U.S. and internationally. Some locations may be subject to extreme temperatures, hostile environments, civil unrest, etc. Also, travel to and from work location may require extended layovers in unfamiliar locations. Potential for exposure to temperature changes, wetness, confined spaces, chemicals, grease and oil, working with ladder/scaffolds, working with hands in water, and working alone. Parker Drilling will supply adequate training and equipment to meet the functions of the job.
• Ensure that personal behaviors and work practices are in line with Company safety standards.
• Responsible for safety of self and others in the vicinity to include, but not limited to, employees, vendors and guests.
• Provide visible leadership engagement, be aware of housekeeping and take additional safety precautions to ensure no one is put at risk.
• Do not take short cuts or unnecessary risks and actively work with others to ensure they take due care and do not put themselves or others at risk.
• Ensure all incidents are reported and appropriately investigated in accordance with Company procedure.
• As needed, seek advice from HSE representative.
This position is responsible for coordinating and directing various activities for the Company's drilling operations.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
• Act as liaison between Operations management, rig crew and customers/clients.
• Supervise daily activity, progress and job performance of Rig Superintendents and Rig Managers and coach/counsel as needed.
• Organize equipment, material and personnel for various aspects of the operation.
• Ensure compliance of contract terms for equipment and reimbursement.
• Ensure various operations are scheduled properly so that the total project timing is managed efficiently.
• Initiate and participate in training of rig personnel in proper work related activities in accordance with the Company's HSE policies and procedures.
• Confer and cooperate with other management personnel in formulating administrative and operational practices and procedures.
• Review, approve and submit request for equipment, materials and spare parts and coordinate shipment once request is approved by corporate.
• Responsible for providing reports to management to include, but not limited to, daily progress, safety incidents, etc.
• Promote safety awareness and safe performance among crew and contract personnel.
• Abide by Company policies and procedures.
• Other duties and special projects as assigned.
Parker Drilling is a global drilling company providing drilling services, project management and rental tools to the energy industry. Parker’s primary business segment is drilling services with 38 rigs in international locations and 19 rigs in the United States Gulf of Mexico.
The Company’s international rig fleet consists of barge rigs and related operations in the Caspian Sea, Nigeria and Mexico, as well as land rigs and related operations in a total of 15 countries. Parker’s U.S. rig fleet operates in the transition zone of the Gulf of Mexico.
Founded in 1934, the Company moved it headquarters to Houston, Texas from Tulsa, Oklahoma in September 2001. Customers include major, independent and national oil and gas companies. Quail Tools has four U.S. locations where it is a leading provider of specialized rental equipment for drilling and workover operations. Office and yard locations include New Iberia, Louisiana; Victoria and Odessa, Texas; and Evanston, Wyoming.