Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Due to a major project win we are working exclusively with our client who are experts in engineering design, build and qualification of specialist oilfield equipment to source a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer based in Aberdeen.
Reporting to the Managing Director and working with a multi-disciplined engineering team, the successful candidate will contribute to the successful design, development and commercialisation of the company's bespoke and novel equipment. As a Senior Mechanical Engineer you will be responsible for overseeing the engineering activities associated with a variety of product developments.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Managing mechanical engineering scopes of work within an agreed time and budget
- Technical leadership
- Designing mechanical components and systems
- Conducting stress analysis and calculations
- Generating procedures (assembly, test, operational) and test reports
- Checking engineering documents
- Performing test build of new equipment and prototype testing
- Advising on the ordering of equipment for new tools and development work
- Participating in design reviews
- Maintaining design files and documentation
- Use and understanding of national and international oilfield standards (API, ASME, DNV etc.)
- 3D CAD software (Ideally Autodesk Inventor)
- Generating CAD models, drawings and design documentation (layouts, assemblies, detail, BOMs)
- Project engineering experience
- Experience interfacing of electro-hydraulic controls
- Experience of well control equipment
- Experience of subsea production systems
- 7 + years product design and development experience
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar discipline
- Experience in product development in the oil & gas industry
If you are interested and meet the above criteria please send your CV for review.