Skills: Chemical Engineering
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Somerset, NJ, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler Environment & Infrastructure is currently seeking a Geoscientist to join our team in Somerset, NJ. The ideal candidate will have a B.S. or M.S. degree in geology, or a related field such as hydrogeology, environmental engineering, or environmental science, with 6 to 10 years of experience.
Responsibilities for this position include the development and preparation of remedial investigations, including but not limited to environmental data evaluation and statistical analysis, field implementation, and report preparation. Candidate will be responsible for task management, and interaction with senior staff in the office. Candidates should have strong quantitative skills, proficiency with Microsoft Office, and statistical analysis skills.
- Support the completion of Phase II and remedial investigation activities
- Support and prepare data management, tabulation, and analysis
Skills / Qualifications
- B.S. required; Master’s Degree preferred
- 6 - 10 years’ related experience
- Field experience includes well installations, excavations, ground water sampling, pump testing, soil and ground water remediation
- Rock Coring experience - essential
- Data interpretation
- Ability to prepare remedial investigation/action reports and workplans, QAPPs, proposals
- Familiar with LSRP program and guidance documents; preparing LSRP submittals
- Significant VI experience a plus
- Budget tracking experience
- Strong computer skills; proficiency with Microsoft Office; knowledge of GIS, gINT, Surfer, Voxler, Grapher, EQuIS
- Ground water modeling familiarity a plus
- Well organized and extremely driven
- Valid driver’s License
- Must pass drug test, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.