Skills: Business Development
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Alpharetta, GA, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler E&I Americas is recruiting for a Proposal Writer/Coordinator to join our growing proposal team at our Alpharetta, GA North American headquarters.
We have a full-time career opportunity for an energetic, resourceful and motivated individual to support proposal development for a global engineering, construction and consultancy firm. This individual will support Proposal Managers in the preparation and production of large, complex, and/or strategic proposals and presentations primarily for the Government sector. In this key role, you will work closely with the proposal managers, capture team, SMEs, and other staff to write, edit, and produce winning proposals.
- Develop and communicate schedules for proposal completion
- Define and develop proposal structure and organization per RFP instructions to develop responsive writing outlines, input requirements, and templates
- Craft and organize data calls to subcontractors and internal resources
- Track and communicate all amendments and modifications to the solicitation
- Monitor client Q&A via ProjNet or other methods
- Coordinate, write, and edit proposal sections to achieve a concise, coherent message; focus is on writing and editing project summaries and resumes
- Coordinate with graphic designers to conceptualize, develop, and integrate compelling proposal graphics that convey concepts and proposed solutions to enhance proposal documents
- Perform quality check of all proposal sections and volumes; Responsible for accuracy and quality
- Manage multiple tasks in a deadline-oriented environment
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor Degree in marketing, journalism, communications, business or a technical/scientific discipline or related field from an accredited university required
- Minimum 5 years of demonstrated professional experience writing proposals in response to federal government RFPs in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment in engineering and construction industries
- Ability to write proposal text from scratch or modify existing proposal content to meet the specific needs of each new RFP
- Strong editing skills
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with proposal team members, technical staff and teaming partners
- Ability to provide clear, concise directions and organize large volumes of information
- Ability to work in dynamic environment with constantly shifting priorities
- Ability to work independently, including prioritizing within demanding time frames
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects and complete high quality work against strict and conflicting deadlines. Successful candidate should expect to work overtime on extremely short notice
- Strong commitment to quality and ongoing improvement
- Excellent computer skills are essential, particularly extensive knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat; Proficiency with SharePoint and InDesign is desired
The Proposal Writer/Coordinator must be knowledgeable of the federal proposal process, an excellent writer, and extremely hands-on.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.