Skills: Chemical Engineering
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Hollister, CA, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler Environment & Infrastructure is currently seeking an On-call Project Archaeologist for project locations in San Benito County, California.
- Undertake field investigations (e.g., intensive pedestrian survey and subsurface probing)
- Prepare clear and accurate field notes
- Hike several miles over uneven terrain each day and dig shovel test probes by hand and shovel
- Use GPS locating equipment
- Monitor subsurface construction disturbance
- Document any unanticipated discovery
Skills / Qualifications
A Bachelor’s degree in Anthropology or related field is required, and at least 1 year of field experience with cultural resources services. Applicant must have a working knowledge of prehistoric and/or historical archaeology and the built environment in California in general, and experience with state and federal cultural resources laws and regulations, especially the National Historic Preservation Act.
- B.S. or B.A. in Anthropology/Archaeology
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in Cultural Resource Management work
- Strong understanding of federal, state and local environmental regulations including NEPA, CEQA Section 106 of the NHPA
- Specialization in remote sensing, GIS, lithics, historic architecture, or historic material culture
- Knowledge and understanding of the regional cultural histories in California
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
- Willing to travel
- Must pass drug test, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.