Skills: Civil Engineering
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Atlanta, GA, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler Environment & Infrastructure is currently seeking Engineering Technicians to support various projects in the Atlanta area.
- Perform density testing of soils
- Sample and test concrete in the field
- Perform concrete reinforcing steel inspections
- Sample and test masonry/CMU
- Perform analysis or calculations to check accuracy, applicability and reasonableness of testing data
- Provide daily reports of observation and test results
- Monitor work procedures for compliance with project specifications
- Interact with client representative (supervisors, foremen, project managers, engineers, etc.) at project sites
- Will travel within and around Atlanta (within 2 hours of the city)
Skills / Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- 2 years of related experience on variety of complex projects preferred
- Certifications might include a combination of ICC soils, ACI concrete, ICC concrete reinforcing steel, ICC masonry, NPDES Level 1A or 1B
- Valid Driver’s License required
- Reliability – must be able to arrive at designated project sites prior to scheduled times
- Ability to prepare reports and documentation
- Ability to travel and work overtime as needed
- Ability to work in variable outside conditions
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must pass drug test, physical, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.