Skills: Structural Engineering
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: San Diego, CA, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler Environment & Infrastructure is seeking a degreed Fire Protection Engineer to join our growing Facilities Services business in San Diego. We seek engineers with 0 to 4 years’ experience in fire protection systems evaluation, design and commissioning. Experience in fire protection of storage occupancies, industrial occupancies and military facilities is preferred.
- Assessment of fire sprinkler system hydraulic performance
- Preparation of fire sprinkler system repair and replacement drawings and specifications
- Preparation of schematic cost estimates
- Design, commissioning and evaluation of fire alarm and detection systems
- Approximately 25% travel is expected
Skills / Qualifications
- Must be able to pass a DoD security Clearance
- Possess a BS in Fire Protection Engineering or similar discipline plus appropriate work experience (including internships)
- 0 to 4 years related experience
- The candidate shall have a general knowledge of fire protection engineering principles
- Knowledge of fire sprinkler systems, fire alarm and notification systems is a must
- Must pass drug test, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.