Skills: Construction Engineer
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler, a recent winner of the Glassdoor Employees' Choice Award for 'Best Place to Work in 2016 - UK Category', is looking for a Head of Construction to join our Oil and Gas project delivery operation with the ability to mobile to any project location when required, with the main base being Aberdeen.
You will join our Construction Management Team of highly experienced and competent construction personnel who manage and facilitate construction teams, materials, tools, plant and equipment. We execute established ‘best practice’ construction working practices, procedures and systems, supporting safe and effective execution of Brownfield and Asset Management projects both onshore and offshore. The Construction function responsibilities include; input into design ensuring implementation of construction best practice and development of optimum, sequenced build philosophies in support of schedule and cost reduction Management and execution of offshore hook up of new facilities and extensive offshore modification work scopes (Brownfield). In addition, the provision of construction management services globally, to manage third party construction and fabrication facilities on behalf of clients.
Your skills and expertise will be utilised to enable function to develop Amec Foster Wheeler construction capabilities as provided for HUC, Brownfield projects, Modification contracts, ICS and O&M support contracts. To ensure company values are maintained throughout the construction phase whilst actively promoting Amec Foster Wheeler among its clients as a provided of high quality services able to deliver to budget / schedule requirements. The provision, development and management of all construction and associated completions works. Provide functional oversight throughout all phases of project delivery to ensure the business is employing best practise and achieving top quartile delivery. Ensure a high level of input to strategic resource plan to secure. Support delivery and improvement of Amec Foster Wheeler Beyond Zero HSSE goals and objectives Actively promote collaboration and coordination across function and business units to ensure best practice in CCC actives.
- Develop governance process and procedure to improve Amec Foster Wheeler ability to consistently execute construction, completions and commissioning of all UAS scopes of work
- Development / enhancement of Construction execution capabilities, ensuring Amec Foster Wheeler is recognised throughout the industry as a leader in the provision of high quality and effective construction, completions and commissioning services
- To actively seek and promote continuous and sustainable performance improvement within construction deliver
- To enable effective interface management between the construction function with engineering, procurement, quality, completions and commissioning
- To define and promote Best Practice in Construction and to embed it into the Amec Foster Wheeler Project Delivery model
- Develop Construction personnel including mentoring of graduates and developing personnel
- Ensure delivery of services is in line with budget parameters
- To ensure the right to left thinking concept is interpreted correctly by project teams and is embedded within all projects
- To ensure HSE is of the utmost priority in all construction execution and to demonstrate and promote the principles of Amec Foster Wheeler Beyond Zero HSSE objectives
- To Manage the Construction function to develop Amec Foster Wheeler project capability and to differentiate Amec Foster Wheeler from its Competitors as providers of high quality construction services.
- To ensure all Amec Foster Wheeler UAS projects are initiated with appropriate execution philosophy and strategies in place
- To ensure the completions and commissioning capability of QEDI is fully integrated and engaged with the Amec Foster Wheeler project portfolio
- Ongoing Development / improvement of Construction execution systems, processes and procedures ensuring continual improvement and best practice are delivered across UAS and the wider Amec Foster Wheeler.
- Provision of construction expertise/support to projects / contracts as required or requested.
- Lead construction PEER reviews and support client audits of construction execution scopes.
- Own & Manage the Construction function Job Descriptions, Personal Specifications & Trade Test questions
- Own & Manage the Construction Competency Process and associated deviation request processes
- Ensure construction function is driving the More 4 Less (M4L) approach to overall project execution
- Support tender / bids in relation to construction execution, schedule, technical data and personnel deployment
- Active involvement in Project Start-Up & Transition planning
- Attend Weekly / Monthly project reviews and drive construction efficiency and improvements across all projects and contracts
- Deputise for Construction Managers on projects as required or deemed necessary
- Lead & develop Open Up The Day / Improvement initiatives
- Ensure construction function adheres to the Quality Assurance and control processes and procedures
- To work with Supply Chain to ensure all construction materials are identified, tracked and stored as per contract
- Drive improvements in construction tools and techniques to improve efficiency and tool time
- Work closely with Project Controls to improve project construction planning and reporting
Skills / Qualifications
- Minimum HNC in a related Engineering subject.
- Recognised O&G discipline background.
- Fully conversant with Project Management Systems with extensive knowledge of Project Hook Up/Construction/Commissioning practices and procedures.
- Demonstrable experience in similar role or senior position in Construction Management.
- Extensive knowledge of the construction process, its implementation and management. Fully conversant with project management tools.
- Experienced in the management of personnel and all aspects of team working.
- Ability to deliver training to personnel within the construction team – commitment to develop team members.
- Delivery focused and committed to achievement of project/company goals.
If you believe you have the necessary knowledge, experience and enthusiasm to succeed in this position, then we would like to hear from you. To apply, please click on the 'Apply to Job' button below.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.