Skills: Maintenance Manager
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: IRQ-Persian Gulf
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler currently has a requirement for an experienced Commissioning Engineer to work on a fixed term contract or agency basis to oversee the onshore refurbishment of an SPM and its subsequent offshore installation and commissioning.
The on-shore refurbishment is likely to take place in Sharjah and be of approximately 2 month duration, with the offshore installation being in Iraqi waters offshore Kuwait and be of a further 2-3 month duration.
Applicants with strong leadership/technical skills, ability to work on their own and with previous experience in the maintenance and commissioning of SPM’s should apply.
- Represent Amec Foster Wheeler and its client in overseeing the refurbishment, installation and commissioning of an SPM performed by an appointed contractor.
- Witness and provide sign off for QA inspection and hold points
- Ensure that execution is undertaken in compliance with International standards, Company and Amec Foster Wheeler standards, procedures and schedules
- Assist with client (operations) training if required
- Direct or advise Client's staff with regard to correct pre-commissioning, Commissioning and start up procedures
- Investigate technical problems with assistance from FW specialist engineers and suppliers
- Prepare and assist in preparing guarantee tests, completion documentation and Client hand-over, with completion of contract custody transfer documents as appropriate
- Prepare a final report, which should include summary of problems, solutions and recommendations for future improvements and a Site Closeout Report
- Prepare and issue regular progress reports
- Ensure commissioning related experience and knowledge gained on projects is captured and incorporated into future projects
- Ensure a high standard of safety is achieved and Environmental and Quality Assurance procedures are followed
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree in an appropriate Engineering discipline
- Member of a relevant professional body or institution is preferred
- Experience of working in similar or relevant commissioning roles
- A self-motivated, proactive individual with high achievement drive and initiative, excellent verbal and written communication skills and good organisational awareness
- Ability to impact and influence fellow workers
- Demonstration of customer focus and ability to respond to customer needs whilst achieving project and corporate objectives
- Current medical and BOSIET certificates for off-shore work
Previous experience of working at Amec Foster Wheeler is preferable
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.