Skills: Environmental Engineer
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Louisville, KY, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler Environment & Infrastructure is currently seeking an Environmental Technician / Professional to join our team in Louisville or Lexington, KY.
This position will perform a broad range of field activities associated with the environmental consulting industry including environmental sample collection, Phase I/Phase II environmental site investigation, oversight of remediation activities and other related field work. Experience with UST, TSCA, RCRA and Superfund projects is a plus. Must have solid communication, writing and scheduling skills. Must be able to effectively budget time and resources. Successful applicant will interact with professional staff, geologists/engineers, as well as subcontractors and client staff. Duties may include assistance with preparation of project work plans, health and safety plans, and various site assessment reports under the supervision of a Registered Geologist/Engineer. This position requires a self-motivated individual with a strong desire to learn.
- Provide assistance on environmental site investigation field work including: soil boring installation and sampling, groundwater monitoring, soil vapor surveys, storm water sampling, groundwater monitoring well drilling and well installation, soil and groundwater sampling, aquifer testing, data analysis, and map preparation at various properties
- Collect field data and documentation for environmental site assessment/remediation
- Field supervision and documentation of work performed by remedial contractors and environmental service providers
- Coordinate and manage assigned project tasks
- Perform office activities including assistance with project planning, scheduling, subcontractor coordination, data compilation, work plan and report preparation
- Assist project managers and senior staff with assessment/monitoring and closure needs
- Maintain spreadsheets/databases of chemical results and other data for projects
- Maintain a safe work environment at all times, participate in safety training and prepare and implement site safety plans
Skills / Qualifications
- BS/BA in Geology, Environmental Science or related degree or combination of education and industry experience in geology, environmental sciences or related technical area equivalent to 4 years of training and experience
- 0 – 4+ years of previous environmental experience
- Detail oriented with the ability to balance a diverse and changing workload
- Good data management and general organizational skills
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in MS Office
- Experience collecting environmental samples a plus
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail, organization abilities, and strong time management capabilities required
- Flexibility to work outside of normal business hours, as required, and willingness to travel to project sites in Kentucky and other states as needed - Approximately 15-30% overnight travel, occasional longer travel up to two weeks at a time
- 40-hour HAZWOPER training a plus
- Must pass drug test, physical, background check, and have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company’s driving policy
- Ability to lift 40 pounds and work in unfavorable weather conditions
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.