Skills: Environmental Engineer
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Rancho Cordova, CA, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler Environment & Infrastructure has an exciting opportunity in our Sacramento, California office for a Principal Remediation Engineer with experience in consulting, managing, designing and implementing on RI / FS projects.
Experience with governmental clients (federal, state, and local) is a plus. We are looking for a candidate who is excited and motivated about the opportunity to grow our environmental consulting business.
Amec Foster Wheeler's Sacramento, California office provides a broad range of services in engineering and earth and environmental sciences. Our Sacramento staff of approximately 40 engineers, geologist, scientists and support personnel specializes largely in soil, groundwater and sediment contamination assessment and remediation. We provide comprehensive support through all phases of assessment and remediation from preliminary screening through remedial investigation, feasibility study, remedial design, remedial action and construction oversight. In addition we provide storm water, hazardous materials, hazardous waste and other environmental compliance services, mold and indoor air quality assessments, and other health/safety compliance services.
- Perform design, oversight, mentorship and direct the efforts of staff- and project-level engineers
- Market and develop new work to support the continued growth of the engineering department and the office
- Lead preparation of technical reports and proposals
- Recruit employees, assign, direct and evaluate their work
- Oversee the development and maintenance of employee competence
- Successfully interact with other Principal and Senior-level employees in the office and firm-wide
- Manage multiple projects, being responsible for ensuring that deliverables, schedules and budgets are achieved
- Travel to project(s) as needed, for the execution of project goals
Skills / Qualifications
- B.S. in Engineering required; MS in Engineering or related field a plus
- Professional licensure in Engineering; Civil or Chemical
- 20+ years related environmental experience
- Previous consulting experience required
- Proven track record to market and develop new work
- Strong work ethic
- Must be a self-starter, team oriented with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with, mentor, and direct engineers and technicians
- Exhibit ability to successfully track and meet budgets and schedules
- Qualified candidate should have experience with CERCLA and California environmental regulations
- Developing and managing complex engineering design and design-build projects
- Oversee remedy construction and operation and maintenance of environmental project work
- Selling, managing, performing, and consulting on projects and programs,including a wide range of project sizes
- Must pass drug test, physical, background check and must have a valid drivers license and satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Companys driving (Motor Vehicle Safety) policy
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.