Skills: Civil Engineering
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Burlington, ON, Canada
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler Environment & Infrastructure currently has an exciting opportunity available for Civil / Municipal CAD Designers in our Burlington, Markham and Mississauga offices.
In this position, you will be responsible to work within our Land development Municipal Infrastructure team preparing design and contract drawings, cross-sections, schedules and quantity estimates for linear, municipal water and wastewater, and road projects.
- Preparing plan, section, detail and schematic and report drawings
- Coordinating project drawings with project managers, CAD staff and others
- Ensuring that the projects' needs are met in a timely and effective manner
- Coordination with other units in related operations
- Assure delivery of quality products
Skills / Qualifications
- Civil Technologist or Civil Technician diploma
- 5 -20+ years’ experience in Municipal Infrastructure design with an emphasis on linear, roads and pumping stations
- 5+ years’ experience using AutoCAD/LDD
- Experience with AutoCAD, Civil 3D, MicroStation, InRoads and Revit are an asset
- Experience with watermain, sanitary sewer, storm sewer, forcemain, grading plans, drainage design, pumping station, reservoir and treatment facilities design projects
- Experience in Construction Supervision an asset
- Experience and familiarity with urban street and rural road design projects
- Familiarity with various Municipal design and drafting standards (ie: Region of Peel, Halton, Hamilton, Niagara, Durham, York and City of Toronto and Hamilton)
- Strong organizational skills along with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and demonstrate a flexible approach to work assignments
- Strong communication skills, along with excellent interpersonal and organizational abilities
- A willingness to work in a team atmosphere
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.