Skills: Geoscience Technician
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Oakland, CA, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler Environment & Infrastructure is seeking a Principal Geotechnical Engineer to join our Oakland Geosciences practice which includes large, interesting and complex geotechnical and earthquake engineering projects. This opportunity offers a wide range of technical and business challenges, requiring that the candidate be well-rounded and results-oriented.
The successful candidate will complement our existing geotechnical and earthquake engineering team, and manage existing clients, develop new business, provide technical guidance, mentor junior staff, and assist in leading our local Geotechnical and Earthquake Engineering practices.
- Must have existing clients and be proficient in developing and maintaining client relationships
- Must have strong geotechnical and earthquake engineering evaluation and consulting skills
- Must be proficient in technical writing of design reports
- Excellent analytical, communication and writing skills are required
Skills / Qualifications
- MS degree in Geotechnical Engineering, Earthquake Engineering or Civil Engineering
- 20+ years of related experience in with a consulting engineering firm and knowledge of geotechnical and earthquake engineering practices
- Track record of developing and maintaining client relationships
- Experience developing new business and preparing proposals for new work
- Interest in group or office leadership is a plus
- Experience with large geotechnical and earthquake engineering projects; GE in California is required
- Experience in successful leadership of diverse project teams; Must be able to influence and lead team members both those with direct reporting relationships and those who report to others
- Experience with geotechnical investigation, evaluation, recommendations and construction
- Demonstrated professional judgment, consistency and attention to detail with track record of high quality work products
- Demonstrated performance of independent analysis and demonstrated strong problem-solving and organizational skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills and experience preparing reports that demonstrate technical knowledge
- Strong personal safety awareness
- Must pass pre-employment drug test, physical and background check
- Must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with Amec Foster Wheeler's driving (MVR) policy
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.