Skills: Geoscience Technician
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Oakland, CA, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler Environment & Infrastructure is seeking a Mid-Level Geotechnical Engineer to join our Oakland Geosciences practice which includes large, interesting and complex geotechnical and earthquake engineering projects.
The successful candidate will compliment our existing geotechnical and earthquake engineering team. This opportunity offers a wide range of technical challenges requiring that the candidate be well-rounded and results-oriented.
- Will perform field testing, observation services and technical evaluations
- Manage tasks/projects and prepare written work products
- Candidate must be proficient in geotechnical and earthquake engineering fieldwork, evaluations and developing recommendations
- Strong analytical, communication and writing skills are required
Skills / Qualifications
- BS degree in Geotechnical Engineering or Civil Engineering
- MS degree in Geotechnical Engineering or Earthquake Engineering is preferred
- 3 to 5 years of related experience with a consulting engineering firm and knowledge of geotechnical and earthquake engineering practices
- Experience with large geotechnical and earthquake engineering projects. PE in California is preferred
- Experience with geotechnical investigation, evaluation, recommendations, and construction.
- Demonstrated professional judgment, consistency, and attention to detail; track record of high-quality work products
- Demonstrated performance of independent analysis and demonstrated problem-solving and organizational skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills, experience in preparing reports that demonstrate technical knowledge
- Strong personal safety awareness
- Must pass pre-employment drug test, physical and background check
- Must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with Amec Foster wheeler's driving (MVR) policy
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.