Skills: Environmental Engineer
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Mississauga, ON, Canada
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler Environment & Infrastructure is seeking a Group Lead / Senior Air Quality Specialist to join our team in Mississauga or Cambridge, ON.
This opportunity will give the successful candidate the chance to contribute to the broad range of Amec Foster Wheeler's air quality services.
- Develop industrial and / or mining sector emissions inventory
- Lead and direct current Air Quality group
- Permitting and other regulatory services in Ontario and / or other jurisdictions
- Implementing a wide range of air quality models including AERMOD to support project permitting and operations
- Provide greenhouse gas management solutions such as inventory and regulatory reporting support, verification and audit services and evaluate emission reduction options
- Manage project tasks to ensure budget, schedule and scope goals are met
- Participate in technical analysis and documentation associated with air quality efforts
- Establish and maintain positive and effective client relationships
- Support marketing and business development efforts on air quality projects
- Coordinate with company air quality experts to effectively support and expand project efforts
- Provide peer review and mentoring of junior staff to ensure quality and cost-effective support on air issues
Skills / Qualifications
- Minimum of 15 years directly related consulting, industrial and / or regulatory experience
- Bachelors degree in atmospheric sciences, engineering or related science field; Preference given to advanced degrees
- Demonstrated experience in one or more of the technical areas
- Understanding of air quality regulatory framework
- Candidate must have and be able to demonstrate excellent verbal and written English communication skills and must be detail oriented
- Reliability, strong work ethic and ability to work in a team-oriented environment are a must
- Ability to effectively work on multiple project tasks while meeting cost, scope and schedule requirements
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.