Skills: Geoscience Technician
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Prince George, BC, Canada
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler Environment & Infrastructure is currently recruiting a Senior or Associate Geotechnical/Geological Engineer (P.Eng.) to join our team in Prince George, British Columbia.
This is an opportunity to take the lead technical role on interesting and important projects under a variety of diverse terrain and project conditions offering accelerated responsibility and exceptional experience over what might be gained in other urban locations, along with an attractive work-life balance in an affordable community.
- Lead geotechnical/geological discipline, project engineering and/or project management roles on a wide variety of transportation, municipal, terrain development, resource industry, utility, and commercial/ industrial projects
- Manage and conduct geotechnical investigations, analysis and design assignments
- Preparation of technical proposals and reports
- Direction and training of junior geotechnical engineering staff
- Assist in the maintenance and development of client relationships
- Follow and take a pro-active role in corporate health safety and environmental programs
- Develop technical skills, experience and contribute to a positive team environment
- Provide excellent practical client service with a commitment to technical excellence
- Collaborate with other Amec Foster Wheeler offices and geotechnical engineering staff on projects in Western Canada
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree from an accredited university in Geological, Geotechnical or Civil (geotechnical option) Engineering
- Well organized, with a sound knowledge of the application of soil mechanics, rock mechanics, geomorphology, engineering geology, hydrogeology and interested in technical and personal advancement.
- Currently registered or eligible for immediate registration as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) with the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of British Columbia
- A minimum of 10 years of diverse, geologically oriented, geotechnical engineering experience in terrain conditions similar to or applicable to those found in British Columbia is required; 15 years or more is preferred for Associate level positions
- Keen interest in a variety of geotechnical/geological engineering assignments across a variety of terrain conditions and industries
- Strong technical and project management skills
- Excellent workplace safety practices
- Desire to provide excellent practical client service and a passion for technical excellence
- Must have excellent oral and written communication (English) skills
- Valid Driver's License
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to deal tactfully and effectively with team-mates
- Physically fit, willing and able to hike in rugged/remote terrain conditions
- Ability and willingness to travel frequently to a variety of project sites
- Knowledge of regional market, terrain/geotechnical conditions and/or a master's degree would be an asset
In addition to technical expertise and competencies, you are enthusiastic, resourceful, organized, and detail oriented. You demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and have the ability to communicate effectively and to proactively respond to time-sensitive issues. Excellent computer and technical writing
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.