Skills: Chemical Engineering
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Portland, OR, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler Environment & Infrastructure is seeking an on-call / as-needed Mid-level Wetland Scientist in our Portland, Oregon Office. We are seeking an individual who will be responsible for technical execution of interdisciplinary projects, as well as supporting business development. Our Ideal candidate has a strong technical background and enjoys fieldwork and office responsibilities, and would provide leadership within our successful wetland, wildlife, botanical, and restoration teams.
- Execute wetland / natural resources projects under direction of a PWS and / or Project Manager
- Participate with project management teams and other discipline leads to contribute to project deliverables, ensuring schedule and budget are achieved
- Participate in the collection, management, evaluation and interpretation of data from the natural and built environment
- Support the preparation and review of interim and completed project reports
- Participate in presenting project results and findings by means of open discussion, formal presentations, and project reports
- Work collaboratively with other technical disciplines, departments, and other Amec Foster Wheeler offices
- Participate in Health, Safety and Environment policies, and implement high standards in the execution of all work
Skills / Qualifications
- BS in Biology, Botany, Natural Resources Management, Soil Science, Hydrology, or related field
- 3 to 5 years of relevant experience
- Experience supporting / performing wetland delineations and wetland functional assessments, floristic surveys, and vegetation mapping and other natural resource surveys/studies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and technical writing proficiency is mandatory
- Strong time management and follow-through skills, with the ability to simultaneously work on multiple tasks/projects and meet project deadlines
- Experience in environmental planning (e.g., support of preparation of documentation compliant with the National Environmental Policy Act) a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.