Skills: Environmental Engineer
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Charlotte, NC, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler Environment & Infrastructure seeks a Staff Environmental Scientist or Engineer to support our growing environmental assessment and remediation practice in Charlotte, NC.
- Provide technical support to Project Managers on assessment and remediation programs
- Coordinate and implement field sampling and provide oversight support for hydrogeologic site characterization, environmental assessment and remediation projects – including soil boring and monitoring well installation, environmental sampling, field data collection and note taking, and soil and groundwater remediation oversight
- Acts as a data gatherer and prepares deliverable including text, tables, charts, and figures
- Follows company safety standards and site safety standards
- Professional registration or progression towards certification
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science in Geology, Environmental Engineering, or related discipline
- Two to five years’ experience with the performance of field data collection, soil/groundwater sampling, well installations, drilling oversight, remedial actions, data reduction, and technical report preparation
- Knowledge in construction of cross-sections, potentiometric maps, and calculation of hydrogeologic parameters such as horizontal or vertical gradient, groundwater flow direction, velocity or hydraulic conductivity
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Familiarity with GIS, and contaminated groundwater visualization software
- Knowledge of the behavior, transport, and transformation of contaminants in the subsurface
- OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER training
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.