Skills: Document Control
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: St. John's, NL, Canada
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler is currently recruiting for a Document Control Clerk for our St. John’s, NL office.
- Coordinate and lead daily workflow/tasks within project team
- Create and maintain any project specific procedures instructions and forms.
- Instruct new project team members on procedures and provide orientation documentation and support.
- Create and run project reports as requested
- Creation of all Document Control coding structures and project set-up codes
- Communicate with other discipline and department leads as well as suppliers and contractors to correct issues.
- Ensure document management function is being performed in accordance with procedures.
- Identification and correction of transmittal mistakes.
- Quality check all documents prior to issue for proper signatures, revisions, and document quality per company standards.
- Update document metadata in EDMS, transmit all technical documents, apply milestones as required, and distribute hard copies as required.
- File all documents appropriately
- Lead project close-out and hand-over processes.
- Archive all documents upon project completion
Skills / Qualifications
- Information Management or Librarian or Computer Science qualifications an asset.
- Two year technical degree or some business or information management college preferred.
- 1 years project related experience
- Proven ability to direct and supervise the day-to-day activities of a document management centre
- Experience managing Engineering and vendor project document control
- Knowledge of electronic document management systems
- Experienced in electronic data format production and retention requirements
- Knowledge of various electronic document management process
- Knowledge of maintenance and administration of the document management system
- Good communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, judgment and flexibility
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.