Skills: Environmental Engineer
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Seattle, WA, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler Environment & Infrastructure has an exciting opportunity in our Seattle, Washington office for a Principal Remediation Engineer with experience in managing remediation projects from site characterization through remediation and closure. The Principal Remediation Engineer must possess a working knowledge of both Washington State and Federal regulations and a solid understanding of remediation site characterization methods and remediation techniques and methods for contaminants in soil, soil vapor, and groundwater. The Principal Remediation Engineer must have strong project and team management, organization, oral, and technical writing skills. Experience with governmental clients (federal, state, and local) is a plus. We are looking for a candidate who is excited and motivated about the opportunity to help grow our environmental consulting business with our exceptional and highly motivated team here in the northwest.
Amec Foster Wheeler’s Seattle, Washington office provides a broad range of services in engineering and earth and environmental sciences. Our Seattle staff of approximately 20 engineers, geologist, scientists and support personnel specializes largely in soil, groundwater and sediment contamination assessment and remediation. We provide comprehensive support through all phases of assessment and remediation, from preliminary screening through remedial investigation, feasibility study, remedial design, remedial action and construction oversight and long term monitoring and maintenance. In addition, we provide stormwater, hazardous materials, hazardous waste and other environmental compliance services, indoor air quality assessments, and other health/safety compliance services.
- Lead preparation of technical reports and proposals, including contributing technical expertise to engineering design and environmental assessment/evaluation deliverables
- Oversee, mentor, and direct the efforts of staff- and project-level engineers
- Market and develop new work to support the continued growth of the environmental remediation field for the company
- Recruit employees, assign, direct and evaluate their work
- Successfully interact with other Principal and Senior-level employees in the office and firm-wide
- Manage multiple projects, being responsible for ensuring that deliverables, schedules and budgets are achieved
- Travel to project(s) as needed, for the execution of project goals
Skills / Qualifications
- Washington PE in Environmental or Chemical Engineering (or ability to transfer licensure to Washington State) required
- B.S. in Engineering required; MS in Engineering or related field preferred
- 15+ years related environmental remediation experience
- Advanced knowledge of the local (Washington) and federal regulatory climate
- Proven technical expertise, including familiarity with the design and implementation of proven remediation technologies (wastewater process engineering experience a plus)
- Proven business development experience
- Must be a self-starter, team oriented with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a technical team (working with, mentoring, and directing engineers and technicians)
- Proven ability to successfully track and meet budgets and schedules
- Ability to develop and manage complex engineering design and design-build projects
- Experience with construction oversight and operation, monitoring, and maintenance of environmental remediation systems
- Experience selling, managing, performing, and consulting on projects and programs, including a wide range of project sizes
- Must pass drug test, physical, background check and must have a valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company’s driving (Motor Vehicle Safety) policy
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.