Skills: Contracts Administration, Contracts Engineer
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Ellesmere Port, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler Energy Ltd is currently recruiting for an experienced Senior Contracts Engineer. The successful candidate will have a demonstrable background in Oil & Gas, Process Plants or related industries with a detailed knowledge of the mechanisms required to manage construction contracts in the field, right through to completion.
- Control of construction contracts project operations and co-ordination of interface activities with other task force members in accordance with applicable company and project requirements, systems, procedures, budgets and schedules. Additionally, suitably trained and qualified personnel will be required to execute quantity surveying duties in accordance with applicable practices and procedures
- Support to the field construction contracts operations to ensure a consistent and business-like approach
- Assess the manpower and other resources required to execute the work-scope contained within the project and control/monitor expenditure
- Formulate and agree with the various task force members the contracting strategy and the contracting plan for the project. Update and re-issue as necessary
- Preparation and control of tender/contract documents to be used for the selection and appointment of contractors for work or services on designated projects
- Actively promote effective communication and relations with contractors and all other interfacing departments and disciplines in carrying out the assigned duties.
- Assess the effectiveness of the systems and work methods in use and propose improvements for the approval of management
Skills / Qualifications
- Relevant experience within engineering or construction industries working on Oil & Gas or other heavy industrial projects, or similar
- Demonstrable commercial skills and knowledge of contracting methods, contract forms, drafting terms and conditions etc
- An understanding of the basic principles of contract law
- Knowledge of contracts administration and tendering processes
- Experience from working on large international construction projects (preferably including overseas travel)
- Quantity Surveying Qualification preferred
- Degree qualification preferred
- HNC or equivalent required
- An advanced understanding of the challenges and risks associated with an effective EPC project execution with appropriate mitigation strategies
- Commercial skills and knowledge of contracting methods, contract administration, contract forms, etc
- Able to determine full 'cause and effect' of reasons for delay and determine how this impacts contractor performance
- Able to communicate clearly with clients and contractors complex technical and commercial issues
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.