Skills: Civil Engineering
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Markham, ON, Canada
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler Environment & Infrastructure is expanding, and we are seeking a Transportation Engineering Manager for our office in Markham, Ontario.
Amec Foster Wheeler provides environmental and transportation engineering design expertise to provincial, regional and municipal road authorities, employing over 5,500 individuals in our Environment & Infrastructure business across North America. Operating from 17 offices across Ontario, Amec Foster Wheeler offers a comprehensive suite of services, including proven success in leading multi-disciplinary teams, on projects of varying size, complexity and procurement models, from preliminary assessment and design through to detail design, contract preparation, tendering, construction administration, inspection, and post-construction monitoring.
The Transportation Engineering Manager, as the local anchor of this line of business, will be responsible for growing our business within the GTA and throughout Ontario. Further, this individual will be charged with the successful management of multi-disciplinary teams in delivery of design and construction administration projects related to transportation in the public sector including provincial, regional and municipal road authorities. The incumbent will be involved in identifying new business opportunities in the public sector, and fostering existing relationships. This will include working closely with other Amec Foster Wheeler business units in Ontario on civil infrastructure projects locally and throughout the province.
The ideal candidate will bring civil engineering experience with a focus in transportation in the consulting industry and/or experience working with, or for, public sector clients. Amec Foster Wheeler has extensive, long standing experience with provincial, regional and municipal government clients and the successful candidate would be working with staff members that are well respected in the industry with in-depth knowledge of the infrastructure engineering sector. Amec Foster Wheeler also provides the opportunity to interact and work with many other technical experts from other regions and specialties, as required, to support our infrastructure group.
This position will offer an excellent career development opportunity for someone who has current experience in management of projects, technical staff and client liaison, and wishes to be involved in the growth and development of our business operation.
- Identification and development of new business opportunities
- Client liaison and relationship management
- Supervision of project management and technical staff
- Recruitment of project management and technical staff
- Mentoring of senior and intermediate staff
- Project pursuit and proposal preparation
- Manage the planning and design work for civil infrastructure projects
- Manage project budgets, schedules and staffing
- Manage contract administration and construction inspection staff
Skills / Qualifications
- B.Sc.in Civil Engineering
- Minimum fifteen (15) years of relevant experience is preferred
- Registered with Professional Engineers Ontario
- Well respected in the transportation sector
- Proven experience with public sector transportation clients including provincial, regional and municipal road authorities
- Proven project management experience
- Proven proposal and business development experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.