Skills: Civil Engineering
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Burlington, ON, Canada
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler Environment & Infrastructure is seeking a Senior Transportation Engineer – Project Manager to join our Transportation Group in our offices in Burlington or Markham, Ontario.
Amec Foster Wheeler provides environmental and transportation engineering design expertise to provincial, regional and municipal road authorities, employing over 5,500 individuals in our Environment & Infrastructure business across North America. Operating from 17 offices across Ontario, Amec Foster Wheeler offers a comprehensive suite of services, including proven success in leading multi-disciplinary teams, on projects of varying size, complexity and procurement models, from preliminary assessment and design through to detail design, contract preparation, tendering, construction administration, inspection, and post-construction monitoring.
This is an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated Professional Engineer to work on dynamic transportation projects in a team environment for provincial, regional and municipal transportation authorities. This will include working closely with the Transportation Engineering Manager to pursue and manage transportation projects locally within the GTA and throughout Ontario. The ideal candidate will be well versed in transportation engineering design with a proven ability to manage multi-disciplinary project teams on preliminary and detailed designs and class environmental assessments.
- Manage multi-disciplinary teams in the execution of preliminary and detail engineering design and environmental assessments for rural or urban roadway improvement projects
- Manage multiple projects including scope, cost and schedule
- Oversee project quality control and health and safety
- Oversee contract administration and construction liaison
- Mentor and supervise intermediate and junior engineers and technicians
- Liaise with clients, external agencies and project stakeholders
- Prepare proposals and assist with business development
Skills / Qualifications
- B.Sc. in Civil Engineering
- Minimum ten (10) years of relevant transportation engineering experience
- Registered with Professional Engineers Ontario
- Well respected in the transportation sector
- Proven project management experience leading multi-disciplinary design teams on regional and municipal transportation projects
- Familiar with regional and municipal road authority design standards, guidelines, policies and practices
- Experience with proposal preparation
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.