Skills: Operations Management
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Saskatoon, SK, Canada
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
With a strong and established history of providing engineering services in Saskatchewan for over 50 years, Amec Foster Wheeler Environment & Infrastructure seeks a dynamic individual to lead and develop provincial operations as the Saskatchewan Manager.
Currently Amec Foster Wheeler offers a wide array of professional services ranging from geotechnical engineering, materials testing and inspection, environmental science (site assessment and remediation, base line studies), water resources, materials engineering, municipal engineering, transportation engineering design, and construction management.
Reporting to the Area Managers, the Saskatchewan Manager will provide functional and financial leadership to the Saskatoon, Regina and Prince Albert offices. He/she will act as the face of the organization, with the goal of growing Saskatchewan operations. Building on the Amec Foster Wheeler brand, the incumbent will present current service offerings to new and existing and clients; pursue major projects, and collaborate with other offices to build and lead project teams to develop the Transportation, Water, Oil & Gas and Mining sectors.
A strategic leader, with the ability to form solid relationships with project teams and clients, and the desire to grow and develop business, will thrive in the Saskatchewan Manager role.
- Provide strategic advice and leadership to managers and staff located in the Saskatoon, Regina and Prince Albert offices
- Develop the strategy, set targets, and drive the process of developing new markets and clients
- Build and lead teams on major projects, including collaborating with other Amec Foster Wheeler offices and consultants
- Establish and maintain relationships with public and private sector clients including local, municipal and provincial government departments, resource companies and contractors
- Financial management with a focus on both top line and bottom line growth
- Lead and mentor staff for succession management and growth of the business lines
Skills / Qualifications
- Professional with at least 15 years of consulting experience; ideally in infrastructure or mining projects - However, individuals with slightly less or relevant experience from other industries will also be considered
- A recognized leader in the Saskatchewan consulting engineering community through client relationships and involvement in industry groups
- Experience leading multi-disciplinary projects and cross-selling services within an organization
- Growth focused, experienced in business development
- Outgoing, a good listener, clear thinker, problem solver who has excellent oral and written communication skills
- Values include those of growth, challenge, profitability, sustainability, transparency and safety
- A leader who knows the importance of short term delivery balanced with having a longer term vision and clear growth plan
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.