Skills: Construction Engineer
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: El Paso, TX, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler Environment & Infrastructure is currently seeking a Welding Inspector to join our El Paso, TX team on an on-call, part-time or fulltime status. Will perform welding inspection of structural steel either independently or working under another CWI.
- We are seeking a structural steel inspector for field quality assurance inspection services with the following certifications:
- NDT Level I or II in MT and UT methods
- Will travel mostly within the Southwest US with opportunities to travel nationwide - Approximately 30% - 50% overnight travel
Skills / Qualifications
- High School diploma or equivalent
- AWS Certified Welding Inspector (CWI) preferred; will consider candidate working toward certification with proper experience
- Experience with MT and UT methods; NDT Level I/II will get preference
- 3 to 10 years + inspection/construction experience
- Experience with building inspection and AWS D1.1 specifications is a must
- Experience in other construction materials testing services (concrete, asphalt, soils) a plus
- Ability and willingness to travel mostly within the Southwest US with opportunities to travel nationwide - Approximately 30% - 50% overnight travel
- Must pass drug test, physical, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
- Fully capable of rigorous physical activity
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.