Skills: Construction Engineer
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Redzikowo, Poland
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler currently has an opportunity available for a Senior Project Engineer - Mechanical in Poland. This position will perform a broad range of design and construction related tasks associated with understanding and interpreting the Mechanical drawings and specifications, working with contractor personnel and key subcontractors to help prepare submittals, assure that design requirements are met during construction and assisting with Project Commissioning / Close out. The position will report to the E&I and CE Construction Manager on the Aegis Ashore Project site.
- Duties will include a thorough understanding of the Mechanical drawings and specifications and interface points
- Working with the Construction Manager and Key subcontractors to prepare submittals, interpret drawings and specifications, development and tracking of RFI’s, assuring that the constructed work meets design requirements, assisting with Change orders and Assisting Construction in other areas as required.
- Key interface points will include E&I and CE Construction Manager, Project Construction Superintendent, Project Manager, QC manager, Clients Designer, and client technical team/representatives, including USACE
- Preparation of daily reports and records, assisting with redline drawing development and assisting construction manager with ongoing construction operations as required
- Support for pre-construction and mobilization to Poland including, Preparation of submittals; Materials: receipt, inspection, cataloging, storage, distribution and management
- Assist in preparing Engineering Change Proposals, and be involved in change management and configuration control process as it relates to Mechanical design and construction
- Review of technical submittals from contractors, and responses to RFIs
- Technically involved in the coordination of mechanical designs, as well as resolution of design issues that may include performing field investigations or assessment
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- PE required
- 8 plus years of related work experience required
Experience working with US Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) or Navy required
- Must have very strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to work well in teams, including teams separated by geography and language
- English language required / Polish language skills a plus
- Must be proficient in MS Office Suite (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, MicroStation and ArcGIS a plus
- Proficiency in construction scheduling a plus, as well as use of Primavera (P6)
- Working Knowledge of US codes and ability to know, understand and work with international codes
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.