Skills: Civil Engineering
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler has an opportunity for a Principal Structural Engineer. There is an increased thrust to deliver our services for the growing Asian market. As a result of this, Civil Engineering Department operation is expanding and evolving to manage the challenges of regional projects that continue to pose challenges in offering our services through a global talent pool.
Manage structural engineering design and any design changes within budget and schedule.
Prepare technical specifications for review and approval
Visit job-sites to evaluate site, project requirements and conditions
Present concepts and solutions to Client at all level
Actively support development of internal technical best practice in offshore structures
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's or Master’s Degree in Civil / Structural Engineering
- A minimum of 15 years of offshore structural design engineering
- Experience with SACs software package is strongly recommended
- Familiarity with structural design codes (e.g. AISC, ACI, API, IBC, etc.)
- Experience in advanced finite element analysis (both linear and non - linear) in structural engineering
- Highly motivated, well organized, resourceful and proactive
- Excellent report writing, communication and presentation skill and ability to interface with clients
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.