Skills: Project Controls
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler require the services of a Technical HSE Support Engineer based in our offices in Johannesburg. South African nationals preferred.
Amec Foster Wheeler & BBS Ltd, a Ghanaian JV between Amec Foster Wheeler and BBS Engineering Ltd, an indigenous Ghanaian company, have been contracted to provide project management engineering support services (PMESS) to ENI E&P Ghana Ltd. The required services shall cover Offshore Deep-water Oil & Gas Development Projects and Onshore Oil & Gas Development Projects.
The project includes all the facilities and wells necessary to allow the production of oil reserves of both Cenomanian and Campanian reservoirs, and for the exploitation of the gas reserves of Sankofa, Sankofa East and Gye Nyame fields (Campanian level) all offshore Western Ghana. This development project foresees a subsea production system with 8 oil producers, 3 water injectors, 3 gas injectors and 5 gas producers.
- Support the Project Development team in providing HSE inputs to technical matters
- Effectively contribute in technical review of safety studies and provide inputs to QRA, HAZOP, HAZID, HAZEER, risk assessment, etc.
- Supporting with Technical Process Safety Standards in design like safeguarding management, including IPF and RVs, SIL classification, modelling of risk contours, managing over pressure, determination of final relief system, holdups of hazardous products, blocking systems, overriding, ESDs, fire protection, flare management, limitations of pressurize vessels, auto‐ignitions, safety distances, ignitions sources, etc.
- Supporting the identification, assessment and management of the Project HSE risks through the application of the Hazards and Effects Management Process (HEMP)
- Develop and maintain Project HSE Risk Register
- Provide advice on diverse Safety issues relating to all aspects of Development Project, involving defining and researching issues and contributing to their solutions
- Reviewing work completed by the Work Package Contractors with respect to Performance Standards of Safety Critical Elements
- Review the technical clarifications raised by various work package teams and provide response to the issues raised in a timely manner
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree in Engineering or equivalent level of qualification
- Minimum 10 years of technical experience in the oil and gas sector
- 5‐10 years experience in Safety Engineering roles
- Proven track record in the preparation of technical documentation to a very high standard, especially QRA, HAZOP, HAZID, HAZEER, Risk Assessment
- Management of technical process safety standards in design, Safety Cases, HEMP reports and HSE MS documentation
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.