Skills: Design Engineer, Electrical Engineering
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Bury St Edmonds, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler currently have an opportunity for a Substation Design Engineer for a major new project based at Bury St Edmonds or Colchester. Main duties and responsibilities of a Substation Design Engineer will include but not be limited to the following elements.
- Substation layout and section drawings
- Equipment specification
- Protection & control equipment design and application at all stages, starting from equipment approval for commercial use, design development stage and detailed engineering stage
- Assessment of protection & control equipment to meet the requirements of the electricity industry standards.
- Prepare conceptual level designs for networks, substations etc.
- Gather all relevant information and drawings direct from network operator
- Design Main Connections and Protection arrangements and prepare drawing.
- Design site layout and prepare drawings for: transformers, switchgear, busbars and down leads
- Prepare information for civil engineering interface.
- Design AC/DC schematics and prepare drawings.
- Design panel G.A.s and prepare drawings.
- Prepare wiring diagrams.
- Prepare multi core schedules.
- Prepare standard technical specifications based on IEC and British Standards.
- Carry out system protection reviews and grading calculations
Skills / Qualifications
- Can demonstrate ability to scope and deliver on promises
- Strong communicator
- Good Interpersonal skills
- Driven to deliver when promised
- Working with and developing teams
- Must have full and clean driving license
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, TP141A qualification will be added advantage
- Proven experience in Substation Design including handling Protection & control equipment design and application at all stages
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws