Skills: Secretarial or Administrative
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Rancho Cordova, CA, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler Environment & Infrastructure has an opportunity for an Administrative Assistant / Receptionist to support our Rancho Cordova, CA team. This position may be full-time or part-time depending on the availability of the candidate.
Candidates must be detail-oriented, focused, and organized with the ability to work independently and multitask effectively. The right candidate will be able to take initiative, solve problems, and work under the pressure of deadlines.
- Maintain a safe and clean reception area that is welcoming to visitors and employees
- Receive, screen, and route incoming calls to the appropriate team member
- Greet, assist, and provide visitors with office health & safety orientation
- Receive, sort, and send daily shipments
- Assist administrative team with subcontractor/vendor invoice processing
- Maintain the office calendar including the setup and breakdown of conference rooms for meetings
- Production and distribution of deliverables within strict deadlines
- In charge of taking inventory and weekly ordering of office supplies
- Research and resolve routine problems as they arise
- In charge of opening/closing duties: loading/unloading dishwasher, stocking fridges, and tidying common areas and conference rooms
Skills / Qualifications
- 1 - 2 years of related experience preferred, but will train the right individual
- Friendly and positive demeanor with co-workers, clients, and vendors
- Self-starter with excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) and Adobe
- Knowledge of correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary
- Shows initiative and the desire to grow professionally
- Ability to complete tasks accurately with minimal supervision and meet strict deadlines
- Strong commitment to projects and team members
- Flexibility to work outside of normal business hours if required
Cover letter required with submission of resume
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.