Skills: Chemical Engineering
Experience: 15 + Years
Location: Santiago, Chile
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler is a focused supplier of consultancy, engineering and project management services to its customers in the world's minerals and metals, oil and gas, clean energy, environment and infrastructure markets. A world-class leader in mining project development and delivery, our experts develop projects with expertise in front-end geology, mineral processing and environmental consulting through to engineering, procurement, and construction management (EPCM), operations support, and mine closure. Our Mining & Metals (M&M) business provides mine planning and engineering services while our Environment & Infrastructure (E&I) business provides geotechnical and water resources consulting services to the international mining industry in all phases of mine development from pre-feasibility studies and permitting to mine closure. Our services span the globe on five continents to deliver projects in nearly 100 countries. Amec Foster Wheeler’s centers of mining excellence are located in Australia, Canada, Chile, Peru, South Africa, UK and the US.
Amec Foster Wheeler is currently looking for an Associate (Senior Level) Hydrogeologist – Peru & Chile, to join our water resources team and be based either in Lima or Santiago.
Skills / Qualifications
- BS in Earth Science or related discipline, MS or PhD in Hydrogeology or related field
- Minimum 15 years of experience in physical hydrogeology primarily on mining projects
- Experience in all aspects of projects involving hydrogeology for tailings facilities, waste dumps, water storage impoundments, underground mine / pit dewatering
- Experience in developing engineering geology / hydrogeology conceptual models for mining facilities
- Thorough knowledge of hydrogeological site investigation techniques and tools, including:
- Packer tests
- RC and diamond drilling
- Pumping test, tracer test, slug test
- Understanding of mine site hydrology, water balances, and surface water management planning
- Advanced knowledge of numerical modelling tools (MODFLOW, FEFLOW, SEEP/W, etc.)
- Advanced data analysis and interpretation
- Good technical writing and presentation skills
- Knowledge of acid mine drainage and geochemistry
- Significant experience in Spanish-speaking Latin America
- Proven experience managing technical personnel
- Business development and client relationship management
- Proposal development
- Project management and administration
- Fluency in English and Spanish
- Contaminant hydrogeology, for site remediation
- Water supply / aquifer evaluation
- Track record of building a hydrogeology team, and building a project base within a Latin American market
- Understanding of engineering geology activities – rock core geotechnical and geological logging
- Understanding of geophysical techniques for hydrogeological and geotechnical investigations
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.