Toronto, ON, Canada
Toronto, ON, Canada
Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler (Nuclear Canada) is a rapidly growing engineering, nuclear safety and technical analysis company. We provide specialized services primarily to the power generation industry. Headquartered in downtown Toronto, we have over 500 staff, and we provide technical solutions to clients world-wide. Our work involves design engineering in all disciplines, and performing safety and engineering analyses using state-of-the-art engineering and analysis software, and interfacing with other engineering disciplines. Staff provide technical support to operating nuclear plants.
Amec Foster Wheeler is currently recruiting for a Section Manager - Feeder and Component Analysis Section with extensive experience in Nuclear industry.
Manage and oversight of knowledge workers in the areas of piping and components stress analysis.
Deliver comprehensive engineering service in the areas of piping, component and pressure vessel analysis. The successful candidate should be aware of the business and operational aspects associated with piping/component design and fitness for service assessments.
The sections provide expertise in the following functional areas:
- Piping analysis for Class I, 2, 3 and 6 piping systems for CANDU nuclear generating stations. Analysis includes static and dynamic (seismic, waterhammer) analysis.
- Linear and nonlinear finite element analysis for components such as pipe fittings (elbows, tees), pipe support (linear, plate and shell), seal plates and flued heads.
- Analysis to support fitness for service assessments of piping, pipe fittings and pressure vessels
- Feeder piping analysis and outage support including but not limited to: inspection scope of work, vibration analysis, thinning rate assessments, replacement/ice plugging analysis and fracture mechanics assessment for postulated flaws
The role of the successful manager will be to build and manage a strong and dynamic team, and to actively participate in activities to grow the business. Amec Foster Wheeler Nuclear Canada is a consulting, project-based company that emphasizes working together in the spirit of joint problem-solving and sharing resources on a company-wide basis. Your staff will be a resource base for major and minor projects in the company and you must operate as a key member of the team to ensure appropriate resource levels and capability are available.
You will display strong leadership skills in line with Amec Foster Wheeler values and goals and are recognized by your peers and customers as a sound, practical, innovative, and helpful leader. You will have excellent communication skills and be recognized for developing and motivating your staff. You will also have demonstrated a high commitment to quality and to providing value to your customers. In particular, you will pride yourself in your ability to provide value-added solutions and to consistently deliver projects ahead of schedule and under budget.
Manage and lead a team of professionals to provide service support to a variety of clients with the purpose of supporting and enhancing their business.
- Manage section
- Support the Directorate as a commercial operation
- Promote the overall business
- Provide input to business development plans
- Develop service offerings
- Build customer relations
- Recruit, develop and maintain expertise specific to the department role
- Understand customer needs and develop appropriate programs, projects and proposals to address these
- Complete all service contracts within commitments of schedule, effort and scope
- Manage quality processes and ensure best practices are followed
- Identify opportunities for synergy with other Amec Foster Wheeler Nuclear Canada service offerings
Skills / Qualifications
- Demonstrated capability to manage a knowledge-based work unit.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Experience in leading technical projects to successful conclusions.
- Good understanding of nuclear power plant design and operation.
- You will be a Professional Engineer of Ontario (PEO), or eligible for PEO status, with a passion for engineering.
- Good understanding of Amec Foster Wheeler Nuclear Canada Quality Assurance requirements and applicable industry codes and standards.
- You are innovative, enthusiastic and ready to be part of our dynamic team.
- Knowledge and background in CANDU reactor components (specifically feeder piping) is considered an asset.
- Experience in finite element analysis codes such as ANSYS, ABAQUS, LSDYNA, FEMAP and NASTRAN
- Experience in piping analysis codes such as CAESAR II, AutoPIPE and PIPESTRESS
- In depth knowledge of ASME Section III Subsections NB, NC, ND, NF, ASME B31.1 and ASME Section VIII
Amec Foster Wheeler Nuclear Canada offers a competitive and comprehensive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience. Candidates with exceptional experience will be considered at a higher level. We are located in downtown Toronto, Ontario.
Please apply directly online by July 15, 2016: www.amecfw.com/careers
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Accessibility of Ontarians with Disability Act, 2005, we are committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities and will do so by preventing and removing barriers to accessibility in all parts of the hiring process. Reasonable accommodations will be provided when raised with the recruiter or by e-mailing accessibilities.ON@amecfw.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.