Skills: Electrical Engineering
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Oakville, ON, Canada
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler is currently recruiting for an Electrical Designer with extensive experience in Power industry.
- Coordinate work with other team members through effective communication
- Preparing detailed design construction drawings in the following areas:
- Low voltage power distribution (600V or less)
- Equipment layouts in substations (27.6kV, 34.5kV, 44kV, 115kV, 230kV, 500kV) and buildings (commercial, industrial)
- Motor control schematics for low and medium voltage systems
- Cabling and cable tray layouts
- Substation and equipment grounding layouts
- Substation and building lighting layouts
- Substation single line diagrams Protection & control schematics
- Substation steel structures
- DC elementary schematics
- Equipment and panel wiring diagrams, interconnection drawings
- Block diagrams
- Collector system layout drawings
- Communication Diagrams
- Security and fire alarm systems
- Preparing calculations and sizing/selection of commonly used power and control systems (lighting, cabling, batteries)
- Preparation and updates of cable schedules, panel schedules, drawing lists, specifications, datasheets
- Adopting AMEC CAD filing and document control procedures including quality assurance (squad checking)
- Collect, review and incorporate field information (as-builts)
Review and align technical documents to ensure compliance with project contractual requirements, design basis and
Skills / Qualifications
- Graduate of accredited electrical engineering technology program
- Minimum 5 years related experience
- Familiarity with applicable codes and standards: OESC, CSA, IEEE, ANSI, OBC
- Proficient in 2D AutoCAD
- Familiarity with EPC projects considered an asset
- Familiarity with deliverables for renewable projects (solar farms, wind farms) considered an asset
- Proficient in Autocad Civil 3D, PDMS or AVEVA AE12 considered an asset.
Amec Foster Wheeler offers very competitive compensation and benefits packages.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Accessibility of Ontarians with Disability Act, 2005, we are committed to meeting the needs of people with disabilities and will do so by preventing and removing barriers to accessibility in all parts of the hiring process. Reasonable accommodations will be provided when raised with the recruiter or by e-mailing accessibilities.ON@amecfw.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.