Skills: Project Management
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Chelmsford, MA, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler Environment & Infrastructure is seeking a Environmental Branch Manager with a minimum of 15 years’ experience to effectively develop project work and manage, implement and oversee sites assessment, remediation and other related environmental projects in support of site assessment and commercial clientele. This exciting opportunity offers a growth position in a team-oriented environment for an individual with an established track record as a Seller/Doer. Candidate should have a successful track record executing and managing environmental projects in this state. Local projects include environmental assessments and studies, environmental remediation, and environmental services. Candidates should be self-motivated, have experience with managing a team, and able to work on projects with variable complexity.
- Manage environmental projects, site characterization, remedial designs, and preparation of reports and other related documentation
- Network with clients to effectively position for and develop work opportunities
- Prepare contract proposals and cost estimates
- Manage project contracts, staff, budgets and schedules
- Manage field work for site characterization and site remediation, including oversight of subcontractors, and sampling of soil and ground water in accordance with state and Federal regulations and protocols
- Perform, analyze and report on specific environmental project tasks under general supervision and research and recommend solutions to technical problems in accordance with accepted scientific/engineering practices and principles
- Participation and collaboration with other Amec Foster Wheeler offices and staff on larger, multidisciplinary assignments. Some daytime and overnight travel is expected (20-50% of the time)
- Work with and mentor junior and mid-level staff on environmental projects
- Work effectively with team members as well as independently
Skills / Qualifications
- B.S. or M.S. graduate, with directly related degree in engineering, geology, or environmental sciences
- Experience across a range of commercial, industrial, and federal sectors
- 15 years relevant experience with increasing levels of project complexity and management responsibility
- Track record of performance in a seller-doer culture (business development/client management)
- Must have an entrepreneurial spirit, leadership skills, and a proven ability to develop and lead strategies in line with the office and company goals
- Must have client contracts and a proven track record of developing business, growing client accounts, and winning work
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in State and Federal regulations and processes
- Registered or eligible for registration as a, LSP, P.Eng., or P.Geo.
- An individual with strong written and oral communication skills, strong desire to provide excellent, innovative, practical customer services and a commitment to technical excellence
- Must be well organized, have the ability to manage and prioritize several assignments at one time, deliver on time and on budget
- Demonstrated supervisory experience for field contract services and hands-on training of junior personnel
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.