Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Chicago, IL, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler Environment & Infrastructure currently has opportunities available for Telecommunications Quality Assurance Auditors at datacenters across the country.
The Telecommunications Quality Assurance Auditor will be responsible for observing and tracking the delivery, installation and testing of telecommunications components of a large-scale mission-critical facility in order to ensure compliance with the project-specific drawings and specifications.
Locations may include, but aren’t limited to: Boydton, VA; San Antonio, TX; Cheyenne, WY; Des Moines, IA; and Chicago, IL
- Ensures compliance with the project-specific drawings and specifications via routine inspections of all telecommunications components
- Identifies and logs issues / shortcomings with telecommunications components project-specific issues log
- Coordinates directly with the owner, the construction manager, the general contractor and their lower-tiered subcontractors to identify and prioritize inspections
- Participates in daily kickoff meetings and weekly progress meetings
- Prepares daily and weekly reports summarizing the inspections performed and their results
- Assist in the review of design drawings and specifications
Skills / Qualifications
- 5-10 years of construction experience on complex, mission-critical facilities; Data center experience preferred
- Experience on large scale complex communications installations, testing and startup
- Experience with fiber optics required
- Registered Communications Distribution Designer (RCDD) certification, or other similar certifications, preferred
- Familiar with major regulations, industry codes, and standards affecting telecommunication work
- Knowledgeable in standard telecommunications materials and methods of construction
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.