Skills: Construction Engineer
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Atlanta, GA, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler Environment & Infrastructure is looking to hire an Estimating Manager who will support the Construction Remediation Group (CRG) that performs large remediation construction projects for multiple business sectors. This position will oversee proposal estimating, scheduling support and bid solicitation support for government and commercial opportunities. The position will report to the Manager of Project Services for CRG.Primary duties will be receiving and managing the request for proposals and performing multiple functions to deliver a cost estimates that comply with internal and external procedures.
Preferred locations are Cincinnati, OH; Atlanta, GA area; Knoxville, TN; or Charlotte, NC; but other Amec Foster Wheeler E&I US office locations will be considered.
The role and responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Receive, review, schedule, assign and manage requests for proposals
- Review scope responsibility matrix that defines who is performing the various activities on projects and provide feedback to senior estimator
- Review quantity take-offs and other calculations to arrive at biddable quantities and provide feedback to senior estimators
- Using Excel, RSmeans, and/or our in-house proprietary software perform estimate reviews to arrive at an estimate within accuracy requirements for that level of estimate.
- Work with senior estimators to correct estimate deficiencies.
- Using various databases will review crew and production levels to support basis of estimate and convey information to senior estimators
- Continue to develop in house proprietary estimating software by working with in house programming staff to continue to enhance software capabilities
- Assist and review subcontractor list generation, writing statements of work, solicitations and bid analysis. Lead BAFO process with subcontracts administrator
- Maintain record of all correspondence and costs associated with estimate
- Assist Project Controls Manager with schedule reviews and logic ties
- Work with Operations to generate risk registers, contingency allocations and tender review documents to support management reviews
- After contract award work with PM to transition project from opportunity to execution
Skills / Qualifications
- BS in Engineering, Construction Management or other related discipline
- 15+ years environmental remediation estimating manager experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word
- Proficiency with RSmeans, OST and other estimating software
- Strong interpersonal skills, creative solution and problem solving skills
- Willing to travel on an as needed basis
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.