Skills: Environmental Engineer
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: London, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler is currently recruiting for an experienced Contaminated Land or Remediation specialist to lead an established team of consultants within a highly regarded multi-disciplinary International consultancy headquartered in London. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading and growing a team of experienced staff based across the south. We have a significant workload of high profile projects across London and the South East in areas such as major infrastructure, industrial and urban regeneration. It is expected that you will have a significant track record in at least one of these markets. You will be part of a substantial national consultancy group developing our high quality offering at a regional level whilst being involved in exciting projects nationally and assisting the growth of the European team. We are looking for candidates with a high level of technical capability along with the ambition to drive the development of new business opportunities and expand a team. This role would suit a well-rounded ambitious individual with strong technical background as well as significant track record of client relationship development.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Management/direction of contaminated land, remediation, geotechnical and/or ground engineering projects across the South East
- Key client account management and development
- Business development, including identifying and developing bid opportunities, managing client relationships and attending industry events
- Preparation of proposals, bids and tenders
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelors or higher in an environmental science or engineering discipline;
- A high level of contaminated land expertise, having attained chartered status – ideally a SiLC or QP
- Excellent client engagement and relationship management skills
- Excellent leadership, communication, interpersonal and analytical skills;
- Proven ability to develop and secure new business opportunities
- Possess a strong network of contacts within the identified sectors
- Must possess a driving licence and passport and be willing to travel both within the UK and Europe
- Proven team leader
- Excellent commercial skills
- Highly experienced in relevant aspects of contaminated land investigation and assessment and/or remediation.
- Well connected and good understanding of the UK market
- Strong report writing and presentation experience
- Versatile project manager/director
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.