Skills: Construction Engineer
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Clarington, ON, Canada
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler Environment & Infrastructure is currently seeking a Rock Truck Driver for a 12-month assignment at the Port Granby Long-Term Waste Management Facility Project. We are seeking candidates local to the Clarington, Ontario area.
- Maintain rock truck and do daily inspections
- Keep and record a daily log of truck condition
- Haul material from excavator to dumpsite
- Able to help out with other positions as needed (labourer, Fuel Truck, etc.)
- Take part and participate in our safety program
- Keep onsite mechanic up to date on needed repairs of equipment
Skills / Qualifications
- Minimum 3 years experience in operating articulated rock trucks with capacity of 30 tons or greater
- With prior use of weigh scales
- Experience in WHMIS, Health and Safety regulations
- Perform daily safety and maintenance checks
- Operate articulated rock trucks in a safe and efficient way according to all relevant legislation, company policies and procedures
- May be required to labour at any time throughout the project
- Able to support a 6-day a week operation on occasion
- Must provide own transportation to and from work
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.