Skills: Chemical Engineering
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Location: Dorval, QC, Canada
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler Environment & Infrastructure is currently seeking a Senior Hydrologist to join our team in Montreal. Reporting to the Service Lead and Water Resources, the Senior Hydrologist will be responsible for leading Hydrology specific business opportunities as well as supervising and mentoring younger Hydrologists and/or Hydrogeologists.
This individual will support operations and play a key role in the organization on a wide variety of projects such as surface water resources projects, including watershed management, development impact evaluations, infrastructure design (hydraulic structures and storm water management systems), run-off studies, precipitation and extreme event analysis, catchment regime and flood evaluation, natural channel design, and flood line mapping.
- Develop Water Resources Team (which includes Hydrogeology and Hydrology), provide direction and mentorship on complex geologic, hydrological and / or hydrogeological investigations
- Provide technical expertise as well as support and oversee hydrological designs, proposals and reports
- Lead critical delivery meetings and oversee field investigations
- Coordinate with project management teams and other discipline leads to manage project deliverables, ensuring schedule and budget are achieved
- Identify and develop new business opportunities and support the technical component of business development materials
- Collaborate with other departments, environmental regulators and Amec Foster Wheeler offices on project related work
- Oversee and conduct a wide variety of hydrological assessments and development projects
- Participate in Health,Safety and Environment (HSE) Policies, Procedures, Standards and Guidelines in the execution of all work
Skills / Qualifications
- Must have a Masters Degree in Civil, Geology, or Hydrology / Hydrogeology or other related discipline
- Must be fluent in spoken and written French; bilingualism (French and English) is an asset
- With 15 – 20 years of relevant experience (preferably mining, industrial)
- Must be Proficient in analytical and modelling techniques and have a thorough understanding of the water regime associated with all stages of mine development and operation
- Must be experienced and can demonstrate successful writing of proposals and work plans
- Must have project management skills with ability to track timelines, meet budgets and schedules
- With software experience (or equivalent) in: (HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, GSSHA, SWMM, FEH, ISIS, TUFLOW, MIKE 11, MIKE Flood, both steady-state and dynamic, including dam breach, ArcGIS and AutoCAD) is an asset
- With previous consulting experience is preferred
- Currently registered (or is eligible) with the Order of Engineers of Quebec (OIQ) or as Professional Geologist in Quebec
- Previous consulting experience is preferred
- Able to travel to mine sites as needed
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.