Clifton Park, NY, US
Clifton Park, NY, US
Skills: Environmental Engineer
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Clifton Park, NY, US
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler Environmental & Infrastracture is seeking a motivated, junior Environmental Health & Safety Engineer / Scientist to support our team in Clifton Park, New York. The Clifton Park office is part of a multi-disciplinary environmental, health & safety engineering and consulting team that includes engineers, scientists, safety professionals, industrial hygienists, risk assessors, environmental permitting specialists, designers, and other support staff. Amec Foster Wheeler offers the opportunity to work on technically challenging and innovative projects for a wide range of clients throughout the US.
This position offers the opportunity to work with a diverse team of engineers and scientists to address complex environmental challenges executing the following roles and responsibilities.
- Conduct field sampling activities associated with engineering and consulting related projects, including stormwater, wastewater, soil and groundwater sampling
- Assist with industrial hygiene related projects, including personal air sampling, indoor air quality assessment, noise evaluations, qualitative assessments, etc.
- Assist with the preparation of reports, permit applications and other project related documents
- Scheduling field sampling events
- Performing oversight of drilling operations including soil boring advancement and the installation of groundwater monitoring wells and / or piezometers
- Assisting with the preparation of technical reports including compiling analytical data
- Supporting various projects within Environmental Branch (e.g., Spill Prevention Control and Countermeasure Plans, Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plans, Lockout / Tagout, Hazard Communication, Respiratory Protection, Confined Space Entry, Emergency Action Plans, etc.)
- Assist with EH&S audits / inspections, and providing recommendations for corrective actions
- Develop and conduct site specific EH&S training programs, including but not limited to, Hazard Communication, Lockout / Tagout, Bloodborne Pathogens, Fall Protection, Ladder Safety, Hazardous Waste Management, Respiratory Protection, RCRA / DOT, HAZWOPER, etc.
- Be motivated, outgoing, and have the ability to interact with employees within various different industry settings
Skills / Qualifications
- BS in Chemical / Environmental Engineering, Environmental Sciences or Health and Safety
- 0 to 4 years of experience in EH&S field
- Knowledge in Federal and NYS environmental regulations and OSHA regulations
- Enthusiasm for challenge and new initiatives
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong interpersonal skills. Strong organizational abilities
Familiarity with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint)
- Demonstrated professional judgment, consistency and attention to detail
- Ability and willingness to travel to project sites. Anticipated travel expected to be less than 10% overnight travel however extended travel up to two weeks is possible at times
- Adaptability and willingness to adjust to client needs
- Flexibility to work outside of normal business hours, if required
- Must pass drug test, physical, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the company's driving (MVR) policy
- 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER Training
- Professional certification in EHS (ASP, EIT, ACIH or similar)
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team with the ability / desire to lead tasks
- Attention to detail
Self starter and fast learner
- Field activities may require working in unfavorable weather conditions
- May be required to lift equipment and carry laboratory samples which the can weigh up to 40 pounds
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.