Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Darlington, United Kingdom
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler is currently recruiting for a Quality Engineer. The requirement is within our Transmission & Distribution (T&D) operation to support substation and OHL projects UK wide. The position will report into the business assurance function.
The role is to assist the Project Manager to deliver substation and OHL projects in line with Amec Foster Wheeler and client quality requirements and expectations.
- Verification of site operations
- Verification of records and equipment (calibration)
- Commissioning support.
- Co-ordination of inspection and test records (including sub-contractors).
- Prepare and maintain Inspection & Test Plans
- Prepare and maintain project Quality Assurance Plan
- Manage the compilation of as-built and final documentation requirements
- Certification verification of Purchase Orders
- Follows up with actions resulting from external audits with a view to fast tracking closure of non-conformance
- Record and report non-conformances and ensure timely close out and pro-actively identify and report potential non-conformances
- Suggests and negotiates with the BA Manager improvements to invert negative trends impacting the project
- Maintain Quality Information on company’s systems as required
- Ensure that all necessary quality records are identified, controlled and retained in accordance with project, client and regulatory requirements.
- Provide QMS performance data as requested by the BA Manager for reporting purposes.
- In addition to the above, specific duties as detailed by the Project Management
- Undertake training as identified and agreed
- Proven experience in a quality assurance role preferably with experience on substation and OHL projects
- Ability to undertake extensive travel (UK wide)
- Good working knowledge of the Amec Foster Wheeler management system, preferably knowledge of T&D processes and procedures
- Contribute towards the development and maintenance of company QMS
Skills / Qualifications
- IOSH Managing Safely
- Educated to HNC Level
- IRCA Approved Internal Auditor
- City and Guilds 17th Edition
- Good computing skills including Excel, Windows, MS-Word, MS-Mail, Intranet, Internet, Adobe Acrobat
- Working knowledge of ISO 9001:2015
- Sound knowledge JIB and ATEX requirements
- Experienced in working within a multi-disciplined project team
- Educated to Diploma / Degree level
- NEBOSH General Certificate
- IRCA Approved Lead Auditor
- Previous knowledge of OHL Industry
- Construction and commissioning experience
- Experience of process and system auditing
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.