Skills: Civil Engineering
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Edmonton, AB, Canada
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
The rapid growth of Amec Foster Wheeler’s regional Community Infrastructure group in Western Canada has created a need for a Community Infrastructure Lead in our Edmonton, AB office.
Amec Foster Wheeler Environment & Infrastructure seeks a self-motivated leader to lead and manage our Municipal Engineering group in Edmonton. The candidate should possess a balanced portfolio of skills to manage a multi-disciplined consulting operation, including business development and business management interests and experience, and demonstrated relationship-building abilities.
The successful candidate will provide leadership to all aspects of Amec Foster Wheeler’s Edmonton Municipal Engineering business to sustain and expand this successful multi-discipline operation.
- Lead business development activities within the City of Edmonton and surrounding cities including preparation of proposals, capture plans and major pursuits in Western Canada
- Serve as senior project manager and / or project expert on major projects
- Manage a variety of professional engineering assignments in one or more specialized areas of Municipal Engineering involving pump stations, water and wastewater treatment, linear storm and sanitary sewer design and potable water system design
- Develop and manage the strategic plan and financial budgets for group with monthly and quarterly business metric reporting
- Communicate effectively with clients, staff and Amec Foster Wheeler leadership
- Provide senior review and direction on technical projects
- Coordinate with other units in related operations
- Develop existing staff and identify and recruit new prospects for future growth
- Assure delivery of quality products
Skills / Qualifications
- BSc / MSc in Civil Engineering or a related discipline
- Minimum 10 years of professional Municipal Engineering experience with 3-5 years management experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in business development with solid client base and contacts within the City of Edmonton and surrounding area
- Strong business development skills with proven track record of winning proposals and managing projects in a fast track growing consulting environment
- Experience managing technical staff and large projects
- Exceptional leadership and communication skills
- High-level strategic planning, organization and execution skills
- Experience managing and motivating diverse workforce of project managers and technical staff
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.