Skills: Environmental Engineer
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Mississauga, ON, Canada
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler Environment & Infrastructure is seeking an entry level Emission Testing Technician to perform air emission monitoring (stack testing) pursuant to Canadian and US EPA methods and procedures locally and throughout the Canada / US.
- Field testing with travel, projects ranging from 2 days to 3 weeks at a time with approximately 50% of the time on the road
- At times may be required to work on weekends
- Working as part of a team with supervision
- Working at heights on stack platforms, scaffolds, man-lifts, scissor lifts, etc.
- Climbing ladders is a requirement
- Chemical handling
- Equipment handling (lifting up to 50lbs required) and maintenance
- Data processing (Excel)
- Report preparation (Word)
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree or Diploma in Chemistry, Environmental Sciences or related field is a plus
- Must have strong mechanical aptitude and out of town travel experience will be required
- Good Driving Record
- Will need to be able to drive a van with a trailer
- Possible international work
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.